I recently got the opportunity to try out HOOQ’s streaming services through a 30-day trial period thanks to their sponsorship of Cebu Blogging Community’s first anniversary celebration! HOOQ markets itself as a gateway to a world of unlimited entertainment. With just one app, you can stream, download and enjoy thousands of movies and TV series all from your phone, laptop or tablet.
I was pleased to see some of my favorite superhero movies and was amused with nostalgia a considerable list of local Filipino Movies and TV series!
HOOQ is definitely a must for those who are glued to one's mobile device 24/7. Aside from being able to download up to 5 movies or episodes offline, they also offer this feature where you can basically pick-up where you left off if your online viewing was suddenly cut short due to some circumstances. COOL!
Hooq Philippines is Asia’s brave answer to the growing demand for online video streaming service with more than 10,000 titles of foreign and local movies and TV shows in its repository. Hooq, in partnership with Globe Telecom, is an esteemed brainchild that sprouted from the startup partnership between Singtel, Warner Bros. Entertainment and Sony Pictures Television.
Details are all in https://www.hooq.tv/ph/ and try it for yourself, Happy Watching!
---Here's my general take on using Hooq
- User interface is pretty straight forward and easy to navigate
- Search box and that cool bandwidth signal indicator (red-yellow-green)
- Description or synopsis of a movie/series you may not be familiar with
- If streaming, it is highly dependent on your internet, so if you are on the move or travelling/commuting, chances are when the speed slows or signal is weak, it's gonna lag and pixelate the whole scene.
- When downloading, I think one must turn off your phone's sleep feature since that may cancel-out, interrupt or stop the download
- To be honest the movie library is fairly limited. Perhaps it's due to the free trial? Maybe the premium service one will have additional choices.