|Snoopy has been doing it since 1958?|
The term planking is described as the practice of lying down flat with arms to the side, to mimic a wooden plank.
WHAT THE HELL>? It's a stupid internet sensation...really..but while writing this..I AM TEMPTED EVEN TO PLANK AND TAKE A PHOTO OF IT!
Again, the act itself is to lie down on the ground. Anybody can do that, right? That's why kids are getting crazier. You get creativity points for planking in odd places like trees branches. Or escalators. even animals are not spared! The more wild you get, the 'better' the picture will be. Some participants of planking have photographed the activity on unusual locations such as atop poles, roofs and vehicles, while some "plankers" engage in the activity by planking only their upper body and feet while leaving the back suspended.
Rules of Planking
According to the official Facebook page, the following rules should be kept in mind:
1. You must always lay face down, ensuring your face remains expressionless for the duration of the Plank.
2. Your legs must remain straight, and together with toes pointed.
3. Your arms must be placed by your side, held straight and fingers pointed.
4. You must make it known that you are Planking. Saying ‘I am Planking’ usually get this across. Sternly announcing it will ensure a good result.
5. Your safety should always be considered. Properly thought through Planking procedures should always go to plan. Never put your self at undue risk.
6. Every Plank that is captured must be named.
|They just had to make a day out of it too, giving some a reason to plank|
On May 13th, 2011, American journalist Michelle McMurray wrote an article titled “First Annual Global Planking Day: May 25, 2011” calling on readers to join the inaugural holiday of planking.
I found this on the net as well, an Open letter to Plankers:
Unfortunately, it's not all fun and games. An Aussie man died for trying to plank on a balcony, plummeting 7 stories to the ground. Police are growing concerned that people are trying to one up each other in their planking. Its a safe policy that one does not plank anywhere you wouldn't sit or really, just don't plank at all? Or juz do it?... >:)