Dear FUTURE (ME) Vernon Joseph M. Go,
|Stereotypes piss me off, but it's a reality that we have to accept and live by, we just need to keep moving forward.|
It doesn't matter where you're from or how you're raised or what you have to go through. You could do whatever you want if you just put your mind to it. Don't ever give up cause right whenever you're about to give up, something great really really happens.
KEEP SMILING, and always where your heart out on your Sleeve and continue to make more mistakes, it's the proven, fastest way to learn; the faster you learn, the more things you can do and achieve! I AM THE MASTER OF MY FATE, I AM THE CAPTAIN OF MY SOUL BUT THE LORD IS STILL MY SHEPHERD. XD
I will be weeding out the things that will not make you productive and I am trying out new things for you. I am keeping an open mind and heart, but the lessons of the past cannot be ignored in order to not repeat the same mistakes; I have not changed, but I have definitely grown in different aspects as well. Here is my manifesto that perhaps, can be a guide:
- To dream is FREE and to make it real is a CHOICE..
- Don't just survive. That's not what you were made for. You live only once, live each day with purpose and passion!
- Do the very best you can to look upon life with optimism and hope and looking forward to a better day
- At times you're sad about what's going on with your life, just remember one permanent fact: Everything changes. Tomorrow might be different.
- If you light a lamp for others, it will also brighten your path. An act of kindness enriches the heart of the giver & the receiver.
- May your path remain bright always. Everything happens for a reason. Pray!
- Get strength to move on and God will direct your path in whatever it is.
- Having a dream will give a person strength to keep on moving. Dream dreams, stick to them, go forward and make them real!
- "You’re not a bad person. You’re a very good person, who bad things have happened to." ~Sirius Black
|Give more HUGS! Another Free Hugs project perhaps? A HUG OF GOOD LUCK to myself! >_<|
Though nothing has happened yet as of this writing, I wanted to ask you these:
1. If you could be anywhere right now, doing anything you want, where would you be? And what would you be doing?
And my answer will probably be, “I’m always where I want to be, doing what I want to be doing.”
2. What would happen to the different hats we wear? will there be more?
SURPRISE ME! :P
3. How would you enjoy your life then?
Perhaps the answer will be something like: I’ve adopted the mindset that whatever I’m doing right now is perfect. If I’m writing a post, that’s amazing. If I’m reading blog posts on the Internet, that’s interesting. If I’m doing nothing but hanging out with my family, that’s incredible. If I’m walking outside, enjoying the fresh air, that’s beautiful. There’s nothing I’m ever doing that isn’t the most incredible thing on Earth. If I’m with someone mentally challenged, boring or annoying, it’s a lesson in patience, or empathy, or in learning to understand people better.
4. A GIRLFRIEND? SINGLE? MARRIED? ENGAGED? HAPPY? EMO?
You know very well how ridiculously serious you are right? especially when it comes to our dreams. The most likely outcome is that you will still be alone, but enjoy the solitude, the chance to be alone with your thoughts, or to listen to music you love, to see the world around you. Pay attention to how people talk and interact, learn about the human mind, see yourself in everyone around you, learn to love anyone no matter who they are, practice giving up expectations of who people should be or what this situation should be like. See the perfection in that person, there’s no place on Earth that’s not a miracle. BUT, I'm keeping my plans robust and options open, still :)
PS: I will give you a BENCHMARK to continue what we are supposed to do! Our Favorite, Jose Protacio Rizal Mercado Alonzo y Realonda! Though we have a Law in his honor, many of us still don't know him or only the famous/commercialized achievements highlighted by Educators, Media and Government, perhaps we should one day visit that Research Department in Singapore dedicated to Jose Rizal!
Rizal was/is a Jack of All Trades but Master of it ALL (Because he was excellent at all of it!):
- Poet/Writer - His first mentor when it comes to poetry was her mother herself, also an excellent poet. His talent for the Muses was further honed in the Ateneo Municipal.
- Sculptor - He first practiced sculpture in the Ateneo. He was taught by Father Sanchez, delighted by Rizal’s prowess, he asked him to mold the Sacred Heart of Jesus on a Wood. Before his death, the same sculpture will find itself on the cell of Rizal in the Fort Santiago.
- Novelist - Noli me Tangere and El Filibusterismo are the finest examples of his literary talent when it comes to prose. Translated to many language, the novels remain to be the jewels of Philippine Literature.
- Linguist - He is proficient in 22 languages. Need to say more? This talent of him enabled him to establish numerous romantic relations with different women in different countries.
- Engineer - He obtained training to be a surveyor in Ateneo Municipal. During his exile in Dapitan, he established a waterworks system that supplied water in Dapitan. He also built the lights in the streets of Dapitan, using oil. Way before electricity came.
- Doctor - He is a practicing ophthalmologist, and even cured his mother’s cataract. He had patients from different parts of the country and even Hong Kong visiting Dapitan to have their eyes cured by Rizal.
- Teacher - While on banishment in Dapitan, he settled a school in his hut where he taught boys writing, arithmetic and reading.
- Farmer - Exposed to their farm in calamba, he used what he knew to develop his estate in Dapitan.
- Businessman - He engaged in trading abaca while in Dapitan.
- Athlete/Hunter - He learned athletics from his Uncle Manuel. Also played fencing with Juan Luna in Spain. He is also a marksman.
- Scientist - Among one of his great contributions to science is the discovery of a lizard and bat.
- Journalist - One of his propaganda participation is reflected in his articles in La Solidaridad as Dimasalang or Laong Laan. At the time he ceased writing for the newspaper, readership declined.
- Patriot - Do I really need to expound this? He loved our Country and that's a lot of hard work> :D
- Traveller/Freelancer - Well, its not that easy to travel today, it's almost a skill, what more during his time? Also, it's expensive to travel, he had to work sometimes in the countries he went to and to have funding all those women he supposedly wooed.
SCREW the DICTATES of SOCIETY! We can be all that we can be AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM!
Dear God, Please help me become a better person tomorrow, and for the rest of the days of my life. Allow me to be an instrument to touch others lives, to inspire, and make good things, so that they will also see the magnificence & beauty of life the way you have shown it to me. And may you will always keep safe of my family & friends, and to some who are also in need of your greatest help. Amen.
And lastly, even if you do things the right way, some people will always be HATIN' or won't be satisfied. Others will not appreciate what we say or do, or our own little patch of AWESOMENESS. And there will always be those who let you or pull you down. But so long as you speak honestly from the heart, you will be fine. This is not a perfect world, nor is this a perfect life. Life is almost always unfair, but life loves the person who dares to live it!
No plans, go with the flow, follow your heart, reach for our dreams! Enjoy life, love, share, pray, cry, serve, give and laugh. Tis' the season of planting, investing in myself, and hopefully you will reap it's benefits and abundance!
In short, you are awesome, do something awesome, be awesome!
THE OLD YOU,