What kind of year will 2012 be? Year after year people wonder but for this year is somewhat special. Many believe or even expect that 2012 will bring about the end of the world (with various points and basis from varied cultures such as the MAYANS), perhaps because they mistakenly think of Mayan or Hindu cosmologies as linear rather than cyclical. From what I got and researched, the Feng Shui standpoint of 2012, is the year of the Yang Water Dragon, which brings many possibilities for good fortune. YEHEY!
Also, in 2012 the Yang Water Dragon Year starts January 23, 2012 and ends February 9, 2013. The energetic high point of the year is the dragon moon, which is from May 20 to June 18 (new moon is May 20, full moon is June 4 and dragon moon is June 18.
The dragon is the only animal of the Chinese zodiac year that is not real. Dragons are quite special and very much revered. The dragon was seen as a powerful almighty king because it was made up of different parts of animals such as a tiger, fish, snake and an eagle. The Chinese dragon was not seen as a threatening evil being compared to how dragons are portrayed in the west - rather a symbol of power, superiority and rule.
Water calms the Dragon’s fire. Water Dragons are able to see things from other points of view. They don’t have the need to always be right. Their decisions, if well-researched, are usually better since they allow other’s to become involved.
Using the Ba Zi/Feng Shui Element System of sorts..I discovered that well luck changes as well as elements..So during the beginning of last year (2011) I was a fire rabbit in the Year of the Metal Rabbit which in turn, resulted to a really full of life-lessons and somewhat emotionally chaotic year for me. Then now this year of the water dragon I am now a strong yin Metal Rabbit.(What's Up doc?)
How RABBITS will be in the Dragon Year:
- Stuff to wear for this year: Water - blue/black/gray; Fire - red
- Career: Water - Advertising, Arts, Communications, etc; Fire - Marketing, Sales, Fashion, etc (Yes & Hmm)
- The person born in the Year of the Rabbit should cope quite well in 2012.
- Animal rabbits like to breed and have lots of off spring. And 2012 will be no different!~HMMM
- In terms of my luck and good will (directions): North (water) will be where my proseperity lie; East (Wood) for longevity; South (Fire) for heat and South-East (Wood) for Excellence and the rest? Well let's not talk about negativity now :D
Generally, as the Rabbit and Dragon have good affiliation with each other, you can expect things to good more smoothly for the Rabbit this year. YEAAHAHAHHAHAHHA!!
• Good Relationship: between Ram, Dog, Dragon, Pig
• Conflicts with: Rooster, Rat, Tiger
• Rabbits may have very good study opportunities this year.
Generally, don't be too overly strong otherwise, you will not be able to control yourself. Thus, you should increase yourself with your favourable elements as follows. Most Favourable-Water and Favourable to Fire. I should avoid earth and metal elements. (NOTED)
Strong Metal & Fire Rabbit will do pretty well this year but is most favourable to the Wood rabbit. (wee)
Source 0 Source
Additional Notes on Rabbits (FYI):
- It would seem as well that luck is with me from 2010 - 2019 (Age 23 - 32) while wealth comes in 2020 - 2029 (Age 33 - 42) –this I conclude would be my time of “PLANTING” ~ I really can’t complain now.
- The person born under this Chinese Zodiac Calendar sign tends to keep their emotions inside. This probably is not a good thing and can lead to high stress levels. This means they are often seen as being “cool calm and collected” and as being in control of the situation. Be careful to deal with stress in 2012 so as not to harm their health.~~~UH huh
- The rabbit animal will run away from any sign of trouble. They are usually pretty quick and get themselves out of trouble.
- Rabbit likes the company of others and is not happy being alone. :3
- You cannot tell if an animal rabbit is angry or happy. They are quite expressionless. ~No Im just Clueless really
- Rabbits are generally intelligent and has interest in worldly things. – World Domination in a good way :3
They may feel agitated if they have been cooped up indoors for longer than necessary and become restless. A long walk will usually clear their heads and give them the opportunity to expel excess physical and emotional energy. They also have a tendency to worry unnecessarily about the smallest things.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Surround yourself with what you love and cherish your health. Laugh often, long and loud. Keep only cheerful friends, and tell the people that you love them, at every opportunity. Keep learning and enjoy the simple things. Peace and Love to all, 2012 is gonna be another awesome year!!!
No matter what anyone says, I like what I like. Because that is me. And I refuse to blame anyone else for it.
Previous posts on Chinese New Year and Zodiacs:
- Year of Metal Rabbit 2011 for me
- Year of rabbits in year of rat
- How rabbits fare this year of metal
- 2010 year of Metal Tiger
- Chinese New Year
On a side note: I know it's gonna be a big year for movies, mini-series and original series (*cough GAME OF THRONES), can't wait for the dragons weeeee~