Consider this a change-up or change-of-pace. Maybe I'm just getting more lazy or bored but I'm not gonna make a year-ender post, nor a resolutions type of post either; and I'm not gonna make a damn chinese-zodiac-hororscope-related post either. I'll rather make a quick summary below and then get on with the NEW ritual/post/life-changing habits.
Quick 2012 Recap:
The year was started awesome and was featured in a video shoot; then on Sinulog, my life changed or not really it was more-of my heart got resurrected all of a sudden; met some celebrities (1, 2..etc.); travelled mainly in Cebu (and olango islands) and once in bohol; published some write-ups in Print Media as well as the occasional speaking engagements (CIT-USC-USJR, corporate); of course a lot of Volunteering was also done (1, 2, 3..etc.) and planted around 4 native Tree seed/saplings as well; and the most prominent update would be... i'm back in the Corporate World in which most of my time spent is there now (which includes: events, volunteering, work, side-projects and event corporate blogging). Aaaaand all the while, regaining my enthusiasm, confidence and smile! :))) So there you go!
- To sum it all up, I'm still adjusting to the corporate life and managing my family and personal life as well
- SO MANY NEW YEARS??!
- Our company follows a fiscal year (and that is all I'll talk about my company)
- After that, I became older --BIRTHDAY! yeah it's kinda like a new year if you reflect and think about it.
- The so-called end of the world scenario of the ending of the Mayan Calendar (which was a basically an end to a cycle--in other words a new cycle = NEW YEAR)
- Winter Solstice - holds many meanings in different culture but it basically points to a new cycle of rebirth of sorts (GOOGLE the rest of the details :D)
- The "Normal New Year" :3 normal style is good! (Gregorian Calendar)
- Chinese New Year - Gong Xi Fa Cai / Kung Hei Fat Choi!
- AAAAAAAND HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR MARCH 1 - The early Roman calendar designated March 1 as the New Year. The calendar had just ten months, beginning with March. That the New Year once began with the month of March is still reflected in some of the names of the months. September through December, our ninth through twelfth months, were originally positioned as the seventh through tenth months (Septem is Latin for "seven," Octo is "eight," Novem is "nine," and Decem is "ten." UNTIL January and February came --ahahha just google the rest bwahahah!!!
- Write and Read each day - it can be anything, current events, book, article, blog..etc..it could even be 30min. to an hour a day or even less!
- I do not engage in confrontations with anyone, in-person or online. This is a waste of time and energy. If I have caused harm, I apologize and fix the situation. However, if someone simply doesn’t like something I have done or something that I do or disagrees with me, that is fine, but I’m not going to get into an argument about it. For any confrontation-like situation, I simply take a deep breath, relax, breathe out, and re-focus my efforts back on my work and goals.
- Remember short memorable quotes for motivation and restraint:
- "My pace is good." - this makes sense really, in a society that seeks to compare anyone just to determine who is better, it's a vicious cycle really and this quote helps re-assure my self-worth and re-focuses my attention and action to what I believe matters most. :)
- “It will all be over soon or this too shall pass” - in the best and worst of times, this will serve you well. Everything happens for a reason and in God's time; I know that it will all be over soon. A small amount of suffering now will be forgotten later when I will enjoy the rewards of my work. And in good times, I will remember that life is short, and I must make things count now, and no matter how good things are going I must never let myself become soft and lazy, because I have too much to accomplish in such a short time.
- "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."- Aristotle; NUFF SAID ;)
- “I will always keep the child within me alive.” – Frank McKinney. I will laugh every day. Even if I don't want to, I will force myself to SMILE
- "Concern yourself not with what is right and what is wrong but with what is important" -I will not be negative when it is easier to be positive. I will not hurt others when it is possible to help.It’s my life and that matters more than what other people think of me.
- "God is with those who patiently persevere. - Arabian proverb" - Faith + Actions = Dreality
- I will write and speak with more feelings and restrained honesty - What matters more than others’ opinions is the number of people that I can help by sharing advice and encouragement in my writing. The most powerful songs are written by songwriters who bare their souls. So screw it, let’s do it. Let’s put it all out there.
- I'll just be Thankful and stop complaining I guess. Live more, complain less. Have more smiles, less stress. Less hate, become more blessed!
- TAKE RISKS, TRY NEW THINGS AND EXPERIENCES - If you don't try, you don't fail. You don't fail, you don't learn. You don't learn, you have failed anyway. The more failures, the faster and closer you are to success. Therefore, "to improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." - Winston Churchill :3 But don't forget to have fun and enjoy life as well..